Earning Income in more than one State

hpastorella

Earning Income in more than one State

I earned income in both Louisiana and Mississippi. The program asked if I earned any other income in any other states.  I clicked "no" and clicked the blue "Continue" oval and nothing happened after that.  

I went back and checked the previous pages and everything seemed to be okay.  But the program wouldn't not move beyond that point.  Because I cannot complete my Federal & State Taxes for Louisiana and Mississippi due to this inability to get the program to respond, this glitch is going to cost me late filing fees on all three returns.  I have never been so frustrated with Turbo Tax before.  I have been buying Turbo Tax Programs for over 20+ years and I am frustrated that after I spent the last several days gathering information to simply input into the program, I am at a complete stand still. 

I am a 71 year old retiree who has been doing his own taxes through Turbo Tax for years and I don't like being locked down and unable to complete the things I am trying to do.  I need HELP!  

Hal_Al

Earning Income in more than one State

"I earned income in both Louisiana and Mississippi"

"The program asked if I earned any other income in any other states.  I clicked no".

Click YES.  Then select the 2nd (non resident) state from the drop down menu. 

SteamTrain

Earning Income in more than one State

...and, you can find that Other State Income entry:

Desktop software: on the Personal Info page

Online Software: on the My Info page.

________________________

It is critical that you always indicate whether you are using the "Desktop" or the "Online" software...because the solution to various problems  you may be having can be different for each.

For instance...some folks this week have been having some issues with the Desktop software locking up at different points.  This is not due to the TTX software itself...but because a significant Microsoft update was released earlier this week, and users who had that update partially installed in the background...they have to reboot their computers to get the MS update fully implemented......only THEN will the TTX software operate properly.   The same MS update is not known to be blocking the Online software from operating properly since all the computations are done on the TTX servers, and not on your computer (but one never knows).

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*