LetsGoRangers

E-File is not available because your tax return includes a tax situation that can't be e-filed (New York)

I've been using Turbo Tax for a long time and this is a first. When I go to file New York State taxes I get message "E-File is not available because your tax return includes a tax situation that can't be e-filed." Then it is telling me I need to mail my return. 

Just wondering if there is a common problem or something I am missing that would result in this. I triple checked my information and everything seems in order.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Irene2805

Without seeing your return, it's not possible to tell what situation is preventing the NY return from e-filing.  Often it is an issue with withholding--the amount withheld falls outside the parameters of the state's EF criteria and the NY Department of Taxation wants to see a paper copy.

LetsGoRangers

thank you for the reply