• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LetsGoRangers
Returning Member

E-File is not available because your tax return includes a tax situation that can't be e-filed (New York)

I've been using Turbo Tax for a long time and this is a first. When I go to file New York State taxes I get message "E-File is not available because your tax return includes a tax situation that can't be e-filed." Then it is telling me I need to mail my return. 

Just wondering if there is a common problem or something I am missing that would result in this. I triple checked my information and everything seems in order.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

2 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

E-File is not available because your tax return includes a tax situation that can't be e-filed (New York)

Without seeing your return, it's not possible to tell what situation is preventing the NY return from e-filing.  Often it is an issue with withholding--the amount withheld falls outside the parameters of the state's EF criteria and the NY Department of Taxation wants to see a paper copy.

LetsGoRangers
Returning Member

thank you for the reply

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v