turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

E-File fails, loops on California W-2 Box 16 mismatch

eFile gets to Transmit step, then says wait one more double-check and keeps going back to California line 12 "Total California wages from your federal From(s) W-2, box 16".  But my W-2 box 16 is from my home state of Oregon, we only have a rental house in California so it's not even our state of residence.  I can't get TT to accept my eFile it keeps looping back and won't accept my answer ($0) for W-2 Box 16.  This product is broken please fix it before tomorrow so I can eFile.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

TT failed to:

1. Notice that I was not a resident in California.

2. Notice that California is not on my W-2 which they imported.

3. Remember that I had already accepted this mismatch during the analysis phase.

4. Failed to provide an "accept anyways" option to circumvent its previous failures.

I heard that the wait to speak to someone there is hours right now.  What now - should I file for an extension?  This sucks.  

I leave this solutions for others who may come later...

I did the call in for help with the wait call-back option.  Couple hours later I got the call and we went and looked at the forms.  The California 540NR form line 12 that was complaining about W-2 Box 16 not matching was 0.  The assistant said to just delete the zero, and leave it blank.  Then she said go to upper right and select step-by-step.  After a couple more clicks it was done with the state, she said go back to eFile.  Then it went through!  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies