E-File fails, loops on California W-2 Box 16 misma...

Sedes Gobhani

E-File fails, loops on California W-2 Box 16 mismatch

eFile gets to Transmit step, then says wait one more double-check and keeps going back to California line 12 "Total California wages from your federal From(s) W-2, box 16".  But my W-2 box 16 is from my home state of Oregon, we only have a rental house in California so it's not even our state of residence.  I can't get TT to accept my eFile it keeps looping back and won't accept my answer ($0) for W-2 Box 16.  This product is broken please fix it before tomorrow so I can eFile.  

Sedes Gobhani

TT failed to:

1. Notice that I was not a resident in California.

2. Notice that California is not on my W-2 which they imported.

3. Remember that I had already accepted this mismatch during the analysis phase.

4. Failed to provide an "accept anyways" option to circumvent its previous failures.

I heard that the wait to speak to someone there is hours right now.  What now - should I file for an extension?  This sucks.  

Sedes Gobhani

I leave this solutions for others who may come later...

I did the call in for help with the wait call-back option.  Couple hours later I got the call and we went and looked at the forms.  The California 540NR form line 12 that was complaining about W-2 Box 16 not matching was 0.  The assistant said to just delete the zero, and leave it blank.  Then she said go to upper right and select step-by-step.  After a couple more clicks it was done with the state, she said go back to eFile.  Then it went through!