turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Robi74

Non payment of NY State tax by Turbotax????

When preparing the tax return for 2016, I was prompted and authorized Turbotax or it's associate to pay the NY State tax on my behalf.  I paid for this service. Received refund from Federal. No deduction for NYState was made??Please check and advise status and action to be taken.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KaseyD

During non-peak times, funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the IRS.

If that date happens to fall on a weekend or federal holiday, the funds are typically withdrawn the next business day.

In the meantime, keep an eye on your bank account – if you still don't see the debit 7-10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or contact your state tax agency, as appropriate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Robi74

Your reply did not address the question. Did you or will you pay my NY State tax as requested and paid for? The agency handling federal tax refund stated they do not handle State tax payment.
KaseyD

There is no option to pay your State taxes with your Federal refund.You can choose another payment method such as having the payment debited from your bank account.The only option to have your Federal refund pay would be the actually TurboTax prep fees.
Robi74

Thank you. Would you be able to check if I authorized NY State tax to be debited to my HSBC Account to which the Federal refund was sent. If so, I have no more to do, otherwise I would have to reach out to NY State. Thank you for your patient and prompt responses. It confirms that it is useful to have been dealing with Turbotax for the last several years.
RN
KaseyD

Unfortunately I do not have access to that information but I can give you a link that will provide you with instructions on how to find out if you did .The link will provide information on how to check the payment method you choose as well as the date it will be debited from your account.It no information exists in this section then you did not choose a payment method and you would need to contact your state directly to arrange your payment owed.
KaseyD

During non-peak times, funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the IRS.

If that date happens to fall on a weekend or federal holiday, the funds are typically withdrawn the next business day.

In the meantime, keep an eye on your bank account – if you still don't see the debit 7-10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or contact your state tax agency, as appropriate.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies