ksulli

Do I need to file a nonresident with the state of Maryland ? I worked in Maryland and live in Illinois , box 17 is blank on my w2 for state income tax.

My wages for Maryland are 820.00 am I even required to file ?

LeeM

No, you are not required to file a Maryland non-resident state income tax return since you did not make over $10,350 as a non-resident, you do not have to file. You can see the filing income requirements chart at the link below:

http://taxes.marylandtaxes.com/Individual_Taxes/Individual_Tax_Types/Income_Tax/Filing_Information/D...

However, if there were any amounts withheld, you may want to file a return to get that money refunded to you.

LeeM