tommyh1446

Do I need to file a Georgia State Return? I lived in GA all year 2016.

DS30

It depends but if you are required to file a federal income tax return, as a resident of GA, you will need to file a GA resident state income tax return to report all income from all sources including income earned outside the state of GA.

According to the GA Department of Revenue -  if you are a legal resident of Georgia during the 2016 tax year and are required to file a federal income tax return, you are required to file a Georgia resident Individual Income Tax Return.

DS30