Do I have to list every state listed on my 1099-DI...

Do I have to list every state listed on my 1099-DIV if I live in CA?

My 1099-DIV lists every state with a % as opposed to a $ amount.

No.  Make only two entries. Show only the dividends allotted to CA. Then, total the rest as "Multiple States" ("more than one state”  in the  desktop program) 

ooooo...maybe "Multiple States" for all of it....unless it is a CA-specific fund, or heavily weighted to CA bonds.

___________

For a 1099-DIV, CA requires ....For the bond fund that reports the tax-exempt interest on a 1099-DIV , that Fund must contain at least 50% of its assets as CA-only bonds  before you can break out the CA-bond amount.   Otherwise all of it must be tagged "Multiple states"

(The same limit does not apply box 8 on a 1099-INT since those are individual bonds you own...not a fund).

________________________________

Here's a picture of how it would be broken down...if you can do so  (NC example):

______________________________

1099-DIV_TaxExempt_State_1_Online.png