tcputter2506

Do i have to file nonresident Massachusetts tax return if i was taxed as NY. For years my Massachusetts employer sent w2 with State as MA and I had to file a MA return. In 2016 they changed it so box 15 shows NY. Do I need to file with MA?

DS30

No. If you are a resident of NY, you will not need to file an MA nonresident state income tax return for income that is taxed in NY as NY source income (regardless of if the company is located in MA).

Just file an NY resident state income tax return to report your W-2 wage income.

DS30

what is your state of residence?
tcputter2506

New York
DS30

tcputter2506

Thank You!