billskye

Do employers withhold social security tax for employees over 70

I am 71 years old. I work part time and receive social security income.  One part time employer withheld a total of $1489 and a second part time job withheld $848.  I thought people over 70 did not pay social security tax. Was it proper to withhold these amounts given my age and the fact that I am already collecting social security since age 66?  If not, what do I do?

macuser_22

There is no age limit for paying SS. 

macuser_22

There is no age limit for paying SS. 

macuser_22

In addition, the SSA reviews new SS payments and will adjust (upward) your SS payments based on the new work record. I believe they do that once a year.