turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why is my wv state showing started

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Did you think you had finished and efiled it?   If it says "started", it has not been finished and efiled in that account.

If you attempted to efile it at the same time as the Federal return, it's possible some forms you needed were not yet available, or perhaps WV is not accepting efiled returns yet.  I just looked, and it appears most WV forms will not be available for efiling until January 31.   See the FAQ I provided at the link below for dates.

So... if you efiled the Federal return by itself first, then you'll have to wait until the Federal return is accepted before you can efile the state return.   The IRS opens up January 28 to process returns, except for a few that are accepted early.  So you should hear about the Federal return on or soon after January 28, unless yours is pulled early.  There will be a backlog of returns for for the IRS to start processing on Jan. 28, so it may take a couple days after that to get your notice of accepted/rejected.  And as I mentioned above, you'll have to wait until January 31 anyway for the final WV forms.

If you have already filed the Federal return, once it is accepted,  and once all your WV state forms are available, you can go back and finish the WV return.  Then go through the REVIEW tab and error check to see if anything has changed once final forms are released.  It's a good idea to print a copy to review prior to efiling. Then you can submit the efile.  YOU must actively go back and resubmit it.  TurboTax will not automatically resubmit it.

State Forms Availability Dates:
https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_states_online_individual.h...

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Did you think you had finished and efiled it?   If it says "started", it has not been finished and efiled in that account.

If you attempted to efile it at the same time as the Federal return, it's possible some forms you needed were not yet available, or perhaps WV is not accepting efiled returns yet.  I just looked, and it appears most WV forms will not be available for efiling until January 31.   See the FAQ I provided at the link below for dates.

So... if you efiled the Federal return by itself first, then you'll have to wait until the Federal return is accepted before you can efile the state return.   The IRS opens up January 28 to process returns, except for a few that are accepted early.  So you should hear about the Federal return on or soon after January 28, unless yours is pulled early.  There will be a backlog of returns for for the IRS to start processing on Jan. 28, so it may take a couple days after that to get your notice of accepted/rejected.  And as I mentioned above, you'll have to wait until January 31 anyway for the final WV forms.

If you have already filed the Federal return, once it is accepted,  and once all your WV state forms are available, you can go back and finish the WV return.  Then go through the REVIEW tab and error check to see if anything has changed once final forms are released.  It's a good idea to print a copy to review prior to efiling. Then you can submit the efile.  YOU must actively go back and resubmit it.  TurboTax will not automatically resubmit it.

State Forms Availability Dates:
https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_states_online_individual.h...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies