turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CRS1985

Cant correct an error for IL state tax. I efiled it and paid.

Hello,

I filed my Illinois state tax return. They rejected it. How do I fix it and resubmit without having to pay again?

thank you

CRS

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
da-boyz1
Returning Member

I efiled both federal and state taxes, had to pay twice to file state of Illinois, federal was accepted but state was rejected. I went in to fix the errors but cannot get to the information that need to be fixed, i.e., IL pin Number etc., Also when I go to efile my state again, I'm being told that I have to select federal to go along with it . I am unable to select my federal since it was accepted.  I have been holding on the phone for 1hr 28 min 55 and counting seconds.  SOMEBODY PLEASE ANSWER ME ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. I REFUSE TO HAVE TO PAY ANOTHER FEE FOR THIS FRUSTRATING AND CONFUSING PROGRAM

neila
Returning Member

I'm getting a similar problem with my Indiana State tax return. I made the correction that was identified but when I went to resubmit my Indiana State tax return I got an error message that it had to be filed with my Federal Tax return which had already been sent. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

neila
Returning Member

Have you figured out how this works yet? I've got a similar problem with my Indiana state tax return that was rejected. I fixed the problem but now I can't resubmit my state tax return.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

This is a known issue and is currently being updated.  Please see the link below to be updated when this issue is resolved.

Errors filing state return

@neila

In regards to paying twice for the program, you will need to contact us at the link below to discuss your account with an agent.  @da-boyz1

Contact TurboTax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies