Cancel DC State Tax Payment

Cancel DC State Tax Payment

I scheduled my DC tax payment with TurboTax for April 15 but had to pay earlier.  How can I cancel the scheduled payment?  I asked the DC Office of Tax and Revenue to cancel, but they said I had to contact TurboTax to cancel the scheduled payment. 

Cancel DC State Tax Payment

TurboTax can no longer cancel or stop the scheduled payment as your state return has been filed. Your best solution is to place a stop payment order with your bank so that it can reject the direct debit when it is submitted by the DC Office of Tax and Revenue.

There is a strong possibility that the DC Office will not submit the direct debit as there would no tax due on your account on April 15. But to be safe, I would place a stop payment order.

Cancel DC State Tax Payment

How can I find out what day I had setup for the direct debit and who is going to be doing the debiting so I know what to tell my bank? I’m also trying to cancel the state auto debit. 

Cancel DC State Tax Payment

What state are you filing?