Solved: Can MN part-time resident filing with one MN incom...

Can MN part-time resident filing with one MN income also claim tax credit for spouse in another state?

My spouse lives and works in SC. I live and work in MN. If I file jointly with Part-Time/Non-Resident status for each person, MN allocates percentage tax amount (% of MN earnings to total joint earnings = tax due). Can I also claim a nonrefundable credit for the amount of tax paid by spouse in SC for spouse's non-MN income earnings?  

The credit is available only if you paid income tax to both Minnesota and another state on the same income.

Therefore if your wife's income was excluded from MN taxation, no credit is available.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**

Thank you!