turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Work in other State

Husband and I live in Kansas.  I work in Kansas and he works in Missouri.  When filling out the Missouri return it is counting my income as well.  What do I need to do to correct this.

1 Reply

Work in other State

As you are preparing a Missouri Nonresident return, you will be asked about various deductions, etc that are specific to Missouri.

You will come to Income Allocations and Other Income Allocations.  The total income from all sources will be shown and you are to enter the amount of income that is due to Missouri sources.  Then you will be asked about Federal Adjustments (which includes Missouri Additions and Subtractions). 

This will allow you to make sure your income is not considered to be taxable income on the Missouri return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies