Allocate New York Income

valemoto7

Allocate New York Income

I lived in NY the first three months of 2020. After that I moved out of NY for good, I recieved a covid-related distribution at the end of the year when I was not living in NY anymore. The system is asking me to allocate. In this case if I received the covid distribution while not living in NY anymore do I still need to allocate 25% to NY or should I put 0 because I didn't received it wile living there?

MaryK1101

Allocate New York Income

If it is retirement income, you would not have to allocate to New York, UNLESS it was nonqualified.  

valemoto7

Allocate New York Income

Yes it is from my 401-K. What do you mean by non qualified? That it didn’t qualify to be a covid distribution? 

ThomasM125

Allocate New York Income

A qualified pension plan meets ERISA guidelines while a nonqualified plan does not. The primary feature of a qualified pension plan would be one where your contributions are tax deductible and your distributions are taxable. Most pension plans are qualified.