turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

megn_2

Where do I enter the information to receive the Utah state tax credit for solar?

I've entered all information and its given me the federal but I'm not seeing the state.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MichaelDC

Where do I enter the information to receive the Utah state tax credit for solar?

According to the Utah State Tax Commission (http://incometax.utah.gov/credits/renewable-energy-systems) You can get Form TC-40ERenewable Residential and Commercial Energy Systems Tax Credits, from the Governor's Office of Energy Development with their certification stamp. Do not send form TC-40E with your return. Keep the form and all related documents with your records.

The credit is claimed by entering the allowable credit on Utah TC-40A, Part 5, using code 39. To enter it in TurboTax please see the instructions below: 

In the TurboTax Utah interview, get to the screen titled Let's Check for Utah Credits, Page 2 of 2

In that list is Received a pre-approved credit from the state. Click the Yes button.

On the next screen drop-down list for Credit Description, select Renewable residential energy systems and enter the amount.

Please feel free to post any additional details or questions in the comment section. 

The amount entered, is it the whole amount you paid for the system or the amount of tax credit giving by the State of Utah?

4pirates

It took me 45 minutes to find this answer, but I'm so glad I did!  Thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies