`

Oregon claims I owe $ after TurboTax calculated a refund, stating "OR income tax deducted on Sched A must be subtracted from itemized deductions" - your error! Not cool!

I talked to the Department of Revenue yesterday, 11/15/19, and they stated that after receiving the assessment letter you can go online to setup a payment plan. They stated that if you try to extend your payment plan past 12 months it will be denied. I haven't received my assessment yet so we'll see. I also haven't tried to claim the $23.66 in interest from Intuit yet either. I'm going to wait until I have the payment plan in place. I suppose Oregon was gracious enough to waive the penalty because of all the people that were affected. I asked the DOR if I could just pay the tax due out of my refund for this year and they said that wages would be garnished before then. Yay! NOT! Gee thanks TurboTax! Never again!

Of course, the fact that TurboTax alerted users to the issue in early February and issued instructions to fix it timely by email to all those affected seems to be totally forgotten by posters on this site. There have been issues in the past resolved the same way that have not gotten such attention. Failure of the user to read the email cannot be a TurboTax error.   And this  was an issue the state did not catch either when it approved the Efile system ...as stated before if you write the state the penalties & interest can be waived. 

a

See this TurboTax support FAQ for Oregon and a toll free phone number - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/oregon-schedule-or-a-amend-instructions/01/27588

a

USER BEWARE !!!!!

First you should NEVER file early to avoid the inevitable bugs in the early versions.  Next they corrected the error as soon as they new of it AND alerted anyone affected by email and included the instructions on how to fix the error and they did it with plenty of time to make the corrections so you would not incur penalties.   Before you file you have to confirm your email address  so in cases like these you can be notified.   The fact that you did not view the email  or that the email went into your spam folder is not a TT error.  

Last ... now that you know of the error the taxes were always yours to pay ... so if you got too big a refund you have to pay back the excess.  Also if you contact the state and tell them you were part of this TT issue the penalties and interest on the original notice can be waived ... all you have to do is ask.  Read the instructions in the link in the other post.  

a

a