Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes

Pick a language

English Français
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
If you received a 1099-MISC for your self-employed income Open your return and type 1099-misc in the Search box. Select the Jump to link. This will take you directly to the section where you can enter your 1099-MISC. You’ll also be able to enter any ... read more
A 1099-MISC often but not always relates to self-employment income. 1099-MISC Unrelated to Self-Employment A non-work 1099-MISC would be for things like: Prize money Lawsuit settlements Research studies Other Here ‘s how to enter a 1099-MISC that you... read more
Self-employment tax (SE tax) is the Social Security and Medicare tax paid by self-employed individuals. It is similar to FICA which is the Social Security and Medicare taxes withheld from an employee’s paycheck. When you’re self-employed, you are pai... read more
There are some major differences between them. Self-employment income Money you earn as a contractor, consultant, freelancer, or other independent worker. It's reported on 1099-MISC (Box 7), 1099-K (Box 1a), or as cash, check or credit card sales tra... read more
No. Self-employed taxpayers, sole proprietorships, LLCs, and partnerships can all claim the qualified business income deduction. We'll automatically determine if you qualify for the deduction and how large it is. If you’d like to know more about the ... read more
Most Lyft customers can import their information from Lyft. Use these instructions if you prefer to enter them yourself. Most of what you need is provided in your Lyft account on your Lyft Tax Information page. You can also sign in to your account, l... read more
It's okay if the amount of your 1099-K is different than what was deposited in your bank. The amount on your 1099-K is the total amount that your customers paid. Before Uber pays you, they take out expenses like tolls, Safe Rides Fees, taxes, and oth... read more
In order to file your taxes, you'll need these items from Uber: Your Uber Income Forms Your Uber Yearly Summary Uber Income Forms You may have one or both of these forms from Uber. You can download both of these forms when you are logged in to Uber.c... read more
If you weren’t paid $600 or more, a business isn’t required to send you a 1099-MISC, but you still need to report the income. To enter your self-employment income not reported on a 1099-MISC: Open or continue your return. Type Schedule C in the Searc... read more
If you're self-employed, QuickBooks Self-Employed (QBSE) helps you stay organized and prepare for tax time. It creates a complete Schedule C you can import into TurboTax Online Self-Employed to help you file your return quickly and easily. Use QBSE t... read more
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in