Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

richardcsolomon
Returning Member

TurboTax Home and business 2013 - Georgia Retirement exclusion

georgia retirement exclusion allocate income between tax payer and spouse doesn't seem to work and I can't get past the screen

we are both disabled.  It appears that the software is saying that we get a total of -$3,000.  I have tried many  permutations but to no avail.  But

Georgia retirement exclusion allocate income between tax payer and spouse doesn't seem to work and I can't get past the screen

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Carl
Level 15

TurboTax Home and business 2013 - Georgia Retirement exclusion

TurboTax only supports their software for the current tax filing year (2018 right now) and three years back. You just flat out can't use TurboTax 2013 to prepare a tax return from six years ago for several reasons.

- It is no longer possible to get the *required* corrections and updates to the program.

- You can not e-file a prior year tax return. The IRS says so. You have to print, sign and mail it to the IRS.

- If the 2013 return will result in you getting a refund, you will not get it. There is a federally mandated 3 year statute of limitations on that. So even if you file the 2013 tax return with a refund due, you will not receive it.

- TurboTax will not honor the 100% Accuracy Guarantee beyond 3 years back.

So you will need to seek professional help from a CPA or EA if you still need to file your 2013 tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies