turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can Turbotax find quarterly estimated tax payment in 2018?

Hi,

A previous tax professional filed my 2018 quarterly estimated taxes, but I don't know the exact amounts. Can Turbotax automatically find these amounts and apply it to my 2018 filing...as the tool can find documentation for W2s? Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The program cannot find the 2018 estimated taxes you paid.  It is not something that is put online, the IRS gets the payments.  You can check your bank statement or credit card statement depending on how you paid them. You can ask the person who filed your return.  

OR: you can check the following

- Check the EFTPS System if your payments were made through the IRS Electronic Federal Tax Payment System, log in to your account and view a statement of your payment transactions.

Order an IRS Transcript  You can get a free transcript of your account for any tax year, including the current and last six years. An account transcript lists all estimated payments made toward your account during the year.  

To get a transcript, people can:

• Order online. Use the ‘Get Transcript ’ tool available on IRS.gov. There is a link to it under the red TOOLS bar on the front page. Those who use it must authenticate their identity using the Secure Access process.
  • Order by phone. The number to call is 800-908-9946.
  • Order by mail.  Complete and send either Form 4506-T or Form 4506T-EZ to the IRS to get one by mail. Use Form 4506-T to request other tax records: tax account transcript, record of account, wage and income and verification of non-filing. These forms are available on the Forms & Pubs page on IRS.gov

- Call the IRS Call the IRS. If you need your estimated tax information fast, call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 for a verbal amount. 

Maybe the following will help you get to a real person with the IRS, it has helped others
The IRS telephone number is 1-800-829-1040, and they are available from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday thru Friday. The best time to call is early in the morning.

- The first question the automated system will ask you is to choose your language.

- Once you’ve set your language, do NOT choose Option 1 (regarding refund info). Choose option 2 for “Personal Income Tax” instead.
- Next, press 1 for “form, tax history, or payment”.
- Next, press 3 “for all other questions.”
-Next, press 2 “for all other questions.”
- When the system asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, do NOT enter anything.
-After it asks twice, you will be prompted with another menu.
-Finally, press 2 for personal or individual tax questions. The system should then transfer you to an agent.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

You can get your tax payments and balances by creating an account on the following IRS web site.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/view-your-tax-account

The program cannot find the 2018 estimated taxes you paid.  It is not something that is put online, the IRS gets the payments.  You can check your bank statement or credit card statement depending on how you paid them. You can ask the person who filed your return.  

OR: you can check the following

- Check the EFTPS System if your payments were made through the IRS Electronic Federal Tax Payment System, log in to your account and view a statement of your payment transactions.

Order an IRS Transcript  You can get a free transcript of your account for any tax year, including the current and last six years. An account transcript lists all estimated payments made toward your account during the year.  

To get a transcript, people can:

• Order online. Use the ‘Get Transcript ’ tool available on IRS.gov. There is a link to it under the red TOOLS bar on the front page. Those who use it must authenticate their identity using the Secure Access process.
  • Order by phone. The number to call is 800-908-9946.
  • Order by mail.  Complete and send either Form 4506-T or Form 4506T-EZ to the IRS to get one by mail. Use Form 4506-T to request other tax records: tax account transcript, record of account, wage and income and verification of non-filing. These forms are available on the Forms & Pubs page on IRS.gov

- Call the IRS Call the IRS. If you need your estimated tax information fast, call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 for a verbal amount. 

Maybe the following will help you get to a real person with the IRS, it has helped others
The IRS telephone number is 1-800-829-1040, and they are available from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday thru Friday. The best time to call is early in the morning.

- The first question the automated system will ask you is to choose your language.

- Once you’ve set your language, do NOT choose Option 1 (regarding refund info). Choose option 2 for “Personal Income Tax” instead.
- Next, press 1 for “form, tax history, or payment”.
- Next, press 3 “for all other questions.”
-Next, press 2 “for all other questions.”
- When the system asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, do NOT enter anything.
-After it asks twice, you will be prompted with another menu.
-Finally, press 2 for personal or individual tax questions. The system should then transfer you to an agent.

@tagteam  sorry did not know you were answering, I was getting together a long answer.  Sure wish we had the notification that someone is answering 

@bluedeb wrote:

Sure wish we had the notification that someone is answering 

Yes, it's funny because we get other notifications but not that particular one. 

Thanks very, very much to the both of you.

I was able to find the amounts "held back" relative to the my 2017 Federal and State returns - these were overpayment/refund amounts.

I need to know figure out a way to apply or attach/apply these amounts to my 2018 Federal and State returns in Turbotax. I've finished everything, except for this detail. 

If either of you have a follow up regarding this, please add. Thank you again.

To enter your estimated payments In TurboTax, open your tax return Click on Federal Tab, Deductions & Credits Scroll down to All tax breaks, locate the section named Estimates and Other Taxes Paid and click Show more Click on Start next to Estimated Tax Payments

To enter your estimated payments In TurboTax, open your tax return Click on Federal Tab, Deductions & Credits Scroll down to All tax breaks, locate the section named Estimates and Other Taxes Paid and click Show more Click on Start next to Estimated Tax Payments

Found it! Easy as pie!

Taxes filed...boom!

Thanks very much...again...your next drink is on me!!!

Glad you found it. I’ll take a margarita 😀 happy filing

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies