Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

KaiiKalii
Returning Member

Non- US resident who earns a U.S based income via Twitch

Hey there. I am a Jamaican citizen who pays taxes in the US via being a Twitch Affiliate. Upon achieving the Twitch Affiliate status which allows me to earn a US income, I was given a w-8 form to fill out by twitch. After filling out this form using my country of residence information as well as my home country's TIN number, as I am not in the position to get a SSN or US TIN, i realized that the US has a treaty (which saves me from being double taxed on earning) with my home country where there is a 10% withholding on earnings I have been receiving with also paying other US taxes via my earnings from Twitch. 

My question is, since i am not a US resident and neither do i reside in the US, is there any medium for me to apply for tax refunds/ returns from the US?  if not, would it be necessary for me to apply for a US ITIN to apply for any tax refunds/returns? 

Additionally is there another tax form i should fill out now if i should travel to the US for tourism purposes while i continue to earn money via streaming on Twitch?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies