nic1259

California LLC Dissolving - Do I need to fill out anything with IRS other than Final Tax Return (i.e. Form 996)?

I am dissolving my California LLC (usually fill out the 1065 federal form). The company was not that active so we have minimal expenses and income (under $2k). We are not selling anything in the company or selling the company itself? 

Aside from filling out the last tax return, and marking it as final, do we need to fill out any other IRS form? For example would something like Form 996 apply to us? 

tagteam

@nic1259 wrote:

No, not for the IRS, and only corporations (under certain circumstances) are required to file Form 966 per Section 6043(a).

WKins2

If you have registered your business with CA you will need to dissolve your business with them (generally on the Secretary of State website will have the forms), also if you have payroll that was run and have a Department of Labor and Department of Revenue account, you will need to notify them as well.