To protect your sensitive information, your TurboTax account password must be at least 8 characters long (32 characters maximum). Your password must include all of the following:
- Upper-case character
- Lower-case character
The more you combine them, the stronger your password will be.
- Use a different password for each online account. Using the same password for multiple accounts puts them all at risk if one is hacked.
- Create a password that is hard to guess, but easy to remember.
- Use syllables or acronyms to create your password. For example, four score and seven years ago could become fsasya, 4s&7ya, or foSCanSeYeAG.
- Don't use numerical or alphabetical sequences such as 123456 or abcdef.
- Don't use names or special dates in your password. This keeps your password from being easily guessed.
- Use a password manager to securely store your password. You can find some good ones on the Internet at low cost or even for free.
- Never share your password with others or write them down.
If there's ever any activity on your account you need to know about, we'll contact you via email.