turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS sent me tax bill for 2015. The say no proof of WH from TD Ameritrade IRA WD. I used TurboTax Deluxe with proper entries. 1099R in my file. What could be the problem?

I used TurboTax electronic filing for 2015. The TT entries included my withholding amount from the 1099R. Was I supposed to do anything else? Is the problem that TD Ameritrade did not send 1099R to IRS? I have the 1099R in my hand.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

IRS sent me tax bill for 2015. The say no proof of WH from TD Ameritrade IRA WD. I used TurboTax Deluxe with proper entries. 1099R in my file. What could be the problem?

Make a copy of the 1099-R, and mail to the IRS with a letter.

Either TD failed to send the IRS a copy, or they failed to remit the actual taxes that were withheld.

dmertz
Level 15

Your proof is the amount shown in box 4 of the Form 1099-R provided by TD Ameritrade.  Properly entered into TurboTax this amount would have been included on Form 1040 line 64 or Form 1040A line 40, nowhere else on either of these forms.  Make sure that you didn't enter this tax withholding anywhere separately in TurboTax, improperly doubling the credit for this withholding.  With e-filing, TurboTax would have included in the transmission the Form 1099-R details that you entered manually or downloaded.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies