turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why can't I deduct my IRA contribution? TurboTax tells me my income is too high. My gross is $64,416 and my adjusted is $56,566.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Why can't I deduct my IRA contribution? TurboTax tells me my income is too high. My gross is $64,416 and my adjusted is $56,566.

Your deduction may be limited if you (or your spouse, if you are married) are covered by a retirement plan at work and your income exceeds certain levels.

These charts show the income range in which your deduction may be disallowed if you or your spouse participates in a retirement plan at work:

Roth IRA contributions aren’t deductible.  And the limits are based on Modified Adjusted Gross Income, not AGI.

Difference Between AGI and MAGI on Your Taxes

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Your deduction may be limited if you (or your spouse, if you are married) are covered by a retirement plan at work and your income exceeds certain levels.

These charts show the income range in which your deduction may be disallowed if you or your spouse participates in a retirement plan at work:

Roth IRA contributions aren’t deductible.  And the limits are based on Modified Adjusted Gross Income, not AGI.

Difference Between AGI and MAGI on Your Taxes

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies