turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

roonshine

How do I get rid of the W2 Form in my tax return? I am retired and only had a 1099R. The presence of the W-2 keeps me from filing my return.

I can't complete my turbotax return because it keeps asking me to complete info on a w-2 form.  I am retired and my income is on a 1099-R form. How do I eliminate it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I get rid of the W2 Form in my tax return? I am retired and only had a 1099R. The presence of the W-2 keeps me from filing my return.

You will need to delete the W-2 as it may have accidentally got started and now it wants you to complete the W-2.

To delete the W-2, you could do it two ways.

You are using the download version of TurboTax, so go to Forms in the upper right corner and click on Forms.

Then on the left side, you will see a list of all the Forms, and the one titled W-2 will have a red "!" mark in front of it, open that W-2.  The bottom border of that Form when opened you will see an icon "Delete Form" and click on that and delete that Form. 

2nd way, is in the step by step mode, go to Federal Income, Wages and Income and down to W-2 and edit the W-2 and DELETE it. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You will need to delete the W-2 as it may have accidentally got started and now it wants you to complete the W-2.

To delete the W-2, you could do it two ways.

You are using the download version of TurboTax, so go to Forms in the upper right corner and click on Forms.

Then on the left side, you will see a list of all the Forms, and the one titled W-2 will have a red "!" mark in front of it, open that W-2.  The bottom border of that Form when opened you will see an icon "Delete Form" and click on that and delete that Form. 

2nd way, is in the step by step mode, go to Federal Income, Wages and Income and down to W-2 and edit the W-2 and DELETE it. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies