You should enter the federal tax from box 4 of your 1099-R and the state tax withheld from box 12 of form 1099-R when you enter the form under the Income & Expenses section of your federal return. The state tax will then carry over from the federal return to the state return.
Follow the directions below to return to the 1099-R input screen and add the state tax in box 12.
- Log in and click take me to my return (unless already in).
- Click the Federal tab on the left side of the screen.
- On the next screen, you will see your income documents listed. Click Edit/Add beside your Form 1099-R.
- On the next screen click Edit next to the 1099-R you want to edit.
- Scroll down to the State Information section on the 1099-R input screen and enter the state tax withheld from your 1099-R. See my (screenshot) below for reference.
Still have questions?Make a post