• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cervettin

You're including about $20,000 in my "total income" total, but that money was roll over from one retirement acct to another. Is this an error?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Texas Roger
Level 15

You're including about $20,000 in my "total income" total, but that money was roll over from one retirement acct to another. Is this an error?

Gross amounts will be shown on the summary page whether they are taxable or not. If you have answered all the questions correctly to indicate a rollover after entering the 1099-R, TurboTax will correctly exclude it from taxable income. The amount on line 4b of form 1040 should only show the total of taxable amounts from IRAs, pensions and annuities.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Texas Roger
Level 15

Gross amounts will be shown on the summary page whether they are taxable or not. If you have answered all the questions correctly to indicate a rollover after entering the 1099-R, TurboTax will correctly exclude it from taxable income. The amount on line 4b of form 1040 should only show the total of taxable amounts from IRAs, pensions and annuities.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v