turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kmatt22

I exceeded the 18,500 max for 401k deferall b/c my company was acquired mid year and they didnt monitor the contributions across the two plans. I procesed a refund for the excess amount and have uploaded form 1099-r that accounts for this. However, turb

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

I exceeded the 18,500 max for 401k deferall b/c my company was acquired mid year and they didnt monitor the contributions across the two plans. I procesed a refund for the excess amount and have uploaded form 1099-r that accounts for this. However, turb

You have taken the right steps to have the excess distributed and include the amount of the excess deferral on your 2018 Tax Return.

At this point, I think you are running into an e-filing issue within TurboTax.  An update to fix the issue is expected to be released around 4/5/2019.  You can check out this TurboTax FAQ for more information: Excess 401(k) Contribution Preventing E-filing.

Be sure to sign up for updates to be alerted as soon as there is a solution.  If you do not want to wait for an update, you have the option to paper file your tax returns as this is only an e-filing issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies