turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mac335

Where do I enter a rrb-1099-r?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LatoyaLO

You enter it under the retirement income section for 1099-Rs.  When you first add it though, you have to choose what kind of 1099-R it is.  This one is the fourth selection down.  If your fields don't match up you probably didn't choose the right type.  If you chose the social security topic, that's the RRB-1099 with no -r at the end.

You can go to Federal Taxes, Wages and Income, Choose what I work on if you see it.  If not, just scroll down to the Retirement Income section.  Update the social security topic if that's where you entered it, and you should be able to delete the form.  Update the pension topic and you'll see a little table of what you entered.  Edit this one and make sure you chose the right type

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LatoyaLO

You enter it under the retirement income section for 1099-Rs.  When you first add it though, you have to choose what kind of 1099-R it is.  This one is the fourth selection down.  If your fields don't match up you probably didn't choose the right type.  If you chose the social security topic, that's the RRB-1099 with no -r at the end.

You can go to Federal Taxes, Wages and Income, Choose what I work on if you see it.  If not, just scroll down to the Retirement Income section.  Update the social security topic if that's where you entered it, and you should be able to delete the form.  Update the pension topic and you'll see a little table of what you entered.  Edit this one and make sure you chose the right type

To enter a form 1099-R -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  • On IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click the start or update button

Or enter 1099-r in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to 1099-R

Make sure that you select the Form RRB-1099-R on the form selection screen.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies