tlockman11

I entered a SEP contribution into my 2018 return but now have decided I will not make a SEP contribution. How do I edit that amount to $0 ?

I have not yet filed my return
DawnC0

You can go back and remove the contribution from your tax return since you have not filed yet.  Return to that section in TurboTax and update your answers.  There are 2 ways to get back to your entry.

• Type     sep accounts      (exactly like that), hit enter, and use the Jump to link.  You must be inside of your return for the link to work.  Answer YES, and proceed through the screens until you get to ''Keogh, SEP and SIMPLE Contributions''.  Don't enter 0s, just delete the amounts.  OR
  • Follow the path below to enter or edit your self-employment retirement contributions in TurboTax Online
  1. Sign in and click on Take me to my return.
  2. Click on Federal (left menu)
  3. Click on Income & Expenses (top menu)
  4. Scroll to Other Business Situations, see image attached
  5. Click Revisit next to Self-Employed Retirement Plans
  6. Answer YES, then NO to the IRA question
  7. Next screen is Keogh, SEP, and SIMPLE Contributions
  8. Answer YES and update or delete your entries