turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am very dissatisfied that I am not getting information about my CSA-1099-R input. Turbo tax insists that some of the money was , or should have been a RMD--not so!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

I am very dissatisfied that I am not getting information about my CSA-1099-R input. Turbo tax insists that some of the money was , or should have been a RMD--not so!

You are correct to a degree,  however...

Age of 70 1/2 is the required age for the required minimum distributions.

All retirement accounts, even pensions, must meet the RMD requirements.

However, the way the pension plans meet the RMD requirements is by creating an annuity paid periodically (in your case monthly.  Therefore, you may simply select "yes" to the RMD question (Was this withdrawal RMD and all of this was RMD). You will also be asked if the amount reported is paid periodically in equal amounts.  By selecting "yes" the RMD requirements are met and you may continue with the tax preparation.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

You are correct to a degree,  however...

Age of 70 1/2 is the required age for the required minimum distributions.

All retirement accounts, even pensions, must meet the RMD requirements.

However, the way the pension plans meet the RMD requirements is by creating an annuity paid periodically (in your case monthly.  Therefore, you may simply select "yes" to the RMD question (Was this withdrawal RMD and all of this was RMD). You will also be asked if the amount reported is paid periodically in equal amounts.  By selecting "yes" the RMD requirements are met and you may continue with the tax preparation.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies