evesusaf

I'm retired military living in Alabama (retirement payments tax exempt). However, it appears the program is using the full amount to calculate the tax due ... did I miss

Did I miss a radio button somewhere?

DanielV01

Yes, you are correct.  In the State Taxes section, you will see a screen, About Your Retirement Distributions.  You will hit the "Edit" button next to the military 1099-R.  The next screen asks if it is a non-taxable pension, to which you will answer yes.  The income will be excluded.  Here is a screenshot to assist you with what to look for:  

DanielV01