turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rharri99

Should the amount (15) on my K-1 Box 11 Code "F" be posted to 1040 Line 21? TT Deluxe has Line 21 blank even though the 15 amount was entered in the K-1 section of TT.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelDC

Should the amount (15) on my K-1 Box 11 Code "F" be posted to 1040 Line 21? TT Deluxe has Line 21 blank even though the 15 amount was entered in the K-1 section of TT.

If you enter the value for 11F for your K1, in TurboTax it will create a K1P Addl Info 1 worksheet under the K1 partner form, in which you need to specify the type of income 11F represents under code F:

- Recoveries (etc) reported on 1040 line 21
- Ordinary gain/loss reported on F4797, part II
- net short term gain/loss
- net long term gain/loss
- other nonpassive income/loss reported on sch E, page 2

TurboTax will then carry it to the correct place on your return.

If using TurboTax Online, make sure to answer follow-up questions after Box 11 entry.

If still no Line 21, you can add it manually:

• Click on the Federal tab
  • Click on Wages and Income
  • Scroll down to Less Common Income
  • Other income not already reported on a Form W-2 or Form 1099 (See the attached screenshot below. Click to enlarge.)
  • On the Other Taxable Income screen, enter a description and amount for the income.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
MichaelDC

Is this K-1 from a Partnership?
rharri99

Yes, a Partnership (CODI).
MichaelDC

Thanks. Let me know if you need help with the answer.
rharri99

Yes, why does the amount not transfer from the TT K-1 section to the 1040 Line 21?
rharri99

The 15 amount is on the K1P Line 7 stating it is from box 11, code F.  But, it does not transfer to the  1040 Line 21.
rharri99

Correction - I found another place on the K1P where to enter the 15 amount which DOES carry it to the 1040.  Thanks for your help!
MichaelDC

Nice catch! Good luck!
MichaelDC

If you enter the value for 11F for your K1, in TurboTax it will create a K1P Addl Info 1 worksheet under the K1 partner form, in which you need to specify the type of income 11F represents under code F:

- Recoveries (etc) reported on 1040 line 21
- Ordinary gain/loss reported on F4797, part II
- net short term gain/loss
- net long term gain/loss
- other nonpassive income/loss reported on sch E, page 2

TurboTax will then carry it to the correct place on your return.

If using TurboTax Online, make sure to answer follow-up questions after Box 11 entry.

If still no Line 21, you can add it manually:

• Click on the Federal tab
  • Click on Wages and Income
  • Scroll down to Less Common Income
  • Other income not already reported on a Form W-2 or Form 1099 (See the attached screenshot below. Click to enlarge.)
  • On the Other Taxable Income screen, enter a description and amount for the income.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies