turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

user84831

Shouldn't a 74 year old widow receive the federal tax withheld from her retirement plan this year, as in the past years?

$356.00 was withheld from Federal, and $178.00 was withheld from State.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
CaronM
Intuit Alumni

Shouldn't a 74 year old widow receive the federal tax withheld from her retirement plan this year, as in the past years?

What do you mean by "receive" the tax withheld?  Do you mean whether she should get it back as a refund?
user84831

Yes, receive it as a refund.  In the past, I did.  I also thought I would get to review the Federal tax form.
user84831

As I reviewed my refund, Form 1040 Line #16 was blank, for Federal income tax withheld from forma W2 and 1099.  This is the amount I received as a refund the last few years that I filed my taxes.
CaronM
Intuit Alumni

You'll want to go back to the input screens and make sure all the amounts appear there.
user84831

Thanks for the help!  You should insist people go back.  I got the refund I knew I should have!
CaronM
Intuit Alumni

There were significant tax changes that impact 2018. So you may very well see different results than in prior years. 

You can preview your return before filing - see https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing to learn how.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies