turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Should I add in PA company contributions to my deferred compensation plan. Add Box #12 codes D and G and subtracted code C(PA Dept of Revenue) Is that correct?

Received a notice from PA Dept. of Revenue that my gross compensation is incorrect.  They contend that I need to add in W2 box #12 codes D and G and subtract code C.  Your software didn't do that.  This takes me from a refund to owing taxes.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Should I add in PA company contributions to my deferred compensation plan. Add Box #12 codes D and G and subtracted code C(PA Dept of Revenue) Is that correct?

Yes.  If you are a PA resident but worked out of state,  your employer may have applied the out of state rules for calculating your state income.  Many states will subtract certain benefits as nontaxable from your total income that PA does not allow.  Your PA taxable income should be very close to the box 5 Medicare wages.  They gave you specific instructions on how to adjust your federal wages to comply with PA law.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Yes.  If you are a PA resident but worked out of state,  your employer may have applied the out of state rules for calculating your state income.  Many states will subtract certain benefits as nontaxable from your total income that PA does not allow.  Your PA taxable income should be very close to the box 5 Medicare wages.  They gave you specific instructions on how to adjust your federal wages to comply with PA law.

BTW, box12 code D is not the company's contribution to your 401K, it represents YOUR contribution to the 401K.(or other deferred contribution program).
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies