turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Would my financial advisor have included taxable information regarding my Traditional IRA and Roth IRA in my 2019 Tax Information Statement?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Would my financial advisor have included taxable information regarding my Traditional IRA and Roth IRA in my 2019 Tax Information Statement?

Probably. The taxable information regarding your IRA's are reported on Form 1099-R. Your year end details will be on Form 5498, which is for your information only. 

Click the article for more details about Where to enter Form 1099-R.

What do I do with Form 5498?

@horsewhiskers20

dmertz
Level 15

Your financial advisor doesn't independently know your basis in nondeductible traditional IRA contributions,  Roth contributions and Roth conversion because these are determined only when you prepare your tax return.  If your financial advisor provides you with any of this information, the financial advisor is only giving back to you information that you previously provided to him or her, which may or may not be current.  Your financial advisor can only independently know about any traditional and Roth transactions performed through this advisor, not the tax consequences.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies