Ask the Experts about the new tax laws! >> Event happening TODAY!
fixthisandthat

Will i be responsible for paying taxes on housing benefits from my employer? My employer pays my housing, on my paychecks it shows as income but on my W-2 it isnt on ther

MaryK1101

No, you don't include in your income the value of meals and lodging provided to you and your family by your employer at no charge if the following conditions are met.  

1. Furnished on the business premises of your employer,
  2. Furnished for the convenience of your employer, and
  3. A condition of your employment. (You must accept it in order to be able to properly perform your duties.

If you were required to pay tax on the housing, it would have been included on Line 1 of your W2.

MaryK1101