Why is my economic stimulus being held? I have fil...

Why is my economic stimulus being held? I have filed with TurboTax for 7 Years with direct deposit and have never changed my account info. Received 1st stimulus via DP.

Although I do appreciate your response, it gives no clear next steps to resolve the issue.  I received an email from TurboTax that I would see the direct deposit in my account on January 8, 2021.  No funds arrived.

I was then notified that the IRS deadline to disperse stimulus funds was by January 15, 2021.  I later received an email from TurboTax with the response, "According to the IRS, stimulus payments are expected to be deposited into bank accounts by the end of January."    

What is going on and where is my direct deposit?

Bottom line is ...  no matter what the reason you have not gotten the payment yet  all you can do is wait for it to resolve itself.  

If for some reason you do not receive your stimulus, you can have it added to your refund. The IRS will stop mailing payments on 1/15 and will  not begin processing returns until  sometime after 1/25  so all stimulus payments should have been received by then and you can file the return with the credit.

Please wait until you are certain there is no second payment, then you can follow these steps, if necessary. 

• After you have entered your tax information and are ready for the Federal Review, stimulus will be the first question.
  • If you are trying to trigger it: 
    1. go to Other Situations
    2. click Done. 
    3. The next question will ask about payments received.
  • The program will determine the missing amount and add it to your refund.

Please see: Is My Second Stimulus Check on the way? and the IRS stimulus website