robertpaulaoakle

Why doesn't my sep ira contribution change the amount of my refund? I am trying to figure out how it will impact the refund but only the state portion changes?

macuser_22

Where did you enter it?    It is NOT an IRA contribution and does not get entered in the IRA contribution interview.   It is an employer plan either reported on W-2 box 12 or a self-employed plan in the schedule C section.

robertpaulaoakle

I tried entering it on schedule c but the federal refund amount doesn't change the state refund goes up a few hundred dollars (using 6k for contribution)