turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why does my Federal Review keep asking for 1099-R input when I have no 1099-R and no retirement distributions?

I keep getting asked for 1099-R information after my Federal Review.  I don't have a 1099-R, and have not taken or received retirement distributions.  Why does this keep showing up as something that needs to be corrected?  How do I resolve it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelDC

Why does my Federal Review keep asking for 1099-R input when I have no 1099-R and no retirement distributions?

Somehow, TurboTax has a partial 1099-R, there. Possibly by mistake. You probably just need to delete it.l

Please feel free to post any additional details or questions in the comment section.

The easiest way to delete an unwanted or duplicate 1099-R is from the Your 1099-R Entries screen.

1.       Open (continue) return if you don't already have it open.

2.       Inside TurboTax, search for 1099-R or 1099R (lower-case works too) and then click or tap the "Jump to" link in the search results.

3.       This will take you to the Your 1099-R Entries screen.

4.       Select Delete next to the unwanted 1099-R and then answer Yes on the following screen.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MichaelDC

Somehow, TurboTax has a partial 1099-R, there. Possibly by mistake. You probably just need to delete it.l

Please feel free to post any additional details or questions in the comment section.

The easiest way to delete an unwanted or duplicate 1099-R is from the Your 1099-R Entries screen.

1.       Open (continue) return if you don't already have it open.

2.       Inside TurboTax, search for 1099-R or 1099R (lower-case works too) and then click or tap the "Jump to" link in the search results.

3.       This will take you to the Your 1099-R Entries screen.

4.       Select Delete next to the unwanted 1099-R and then answer Yes on the following screen.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies