Why does it say I deferred some of my social secur...

mmucher

Why does it say I deferred some of my social security taxes last year when I did not do that?

i did not defer any social security taxes last year
JohnB5677

If you got the message  "Heads up! You have a W-2C coming" .  This was fixed in the newest release on 2/19/2020.

Only the customers who now legitimately will receive a W-2C will still get the pop up.

A W-2c form is used by the United States Internal Revenue Service for tax filing and reporting services. This form is known as a Corrected Wage and Tax Statement form.

whocares952

I did not deferred any social security taxes.  I updated my software on Feb. 21, 2021.

SamS1

Check your input on the W2 screens.  Social Security taxes in box 4 should 6.2% of Social Security wages listed in box 3.   

SteamTrain

OR wait until 26 Feb........ and update again then. 

It is "supposed" to be fixed by then...as long as your box 4 value is in-fact 6.2% of box 3 (in the software)

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*