Why do I continue to get charged for deluxe for a ...

Why do I continue to get charged for deluxe for a 14$ retirement tax break when I have gone back twice and said NO to it I’m not paying 80$ for the Deluxe version for a 14$ tax break! You need to

In order to remove the retirement tax credit so that you are not forced to upgrade, you must state that you are a full-time student.  This is the only way TurboTax will not automatically calculate the credit and force you to upgrade.  Making this change is perfectly acceptable and will not change your income tax return anywhere else.  

If you qualify   you can use one of  the 10 IRS FREE FILE options to file a fed & state return for free ... but you must log in thru the IRS site :

https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

For Filing Season 2021, you must make $72,000 or below to use one of the 10  IRS Free File partner offers.

If you choose the TT option then you can log in with your same user ID and agree to switch to the FREE FILE option then your progress will be preserved.