Why didn't it ask me to fill out wages, federal in...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why didn't it ask me to fill out wages, federal income tax withheld, social security tax withheld, social security wages etc but its saying I filed my 2020 taxes already?

It never asked me to explicitly file the information from my 2020 W-2 form but its saying my taxes have been filed. Did I do something wrong or does it not need that information.
4 Replies
Level 15

Why didn't it ask me to fill out wages, federal income tax withheld, social security tax withheld, social security wages etc but its saying I filed my 2020 taxes already?

You did it wrong.  ALL of your income has to be entered on your tax return.  Enter a W-2 in Federal>Wages & Income.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

How do I fix it?

Level 15

As long as your wages from W-2 appear on 1040 Line 1, don't worry about it.

Level 15

@amthurman69 Did you click the big orange button that said "Transmit my returns now?"

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings