Solved: Why am I receiving a retirement savings contributi...

kaelin-colin

Why am I receiving a retirement savings contribution credit for a retirement plan I inherited from my father who passed away?

The account was rolled directly into an inherited IRA.

dmertz

There would only be no Form 1099-R if it was an inherited IRA that was transferred.  If an account in a qualified retirement plan is what was inherited, it's moved to an inherited IRA by direct rollover and reported on a Form 1099-R.

In addition to posting here the code in box 7 of this Form 1099-R, is the IRA/SEP/SIMPLE box marked?

Did you enter it under Deductions like a new IRA contribution? Only enter it from the 1099R.

macuser_22

A direct rollover into an inherited IRA does not generate a 1099-R. 

What did you enter?  If a 1099-R what code is in box 7?

dmertz