Solved: Why am I being asked for information for 1099-R when it does not apply to my situation?

Why am I being asked for information for 1099-R when it does not apply to my situation?

You may have inadvertently been taken to that section of the program. If neither you or you wife have a Form 1099-R to report, please take the steps below to delete it.

1. Open your return in TurboTax. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and select the Take me to my return button.)
  2. In the left side bar, select Tax Tools then select Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to Form 1099-R and follow the onscreen instructions.