dggehring

Where is the adjustment for people born before Jan. 2, 1953? I see the check box for indicating it, but do not see any adjustment to the taxable income.

This is for 2017 taxes.

Adjustment for what exactly?

The standard deduction is increased depending on your filing status if you are age 65 or older.

Standard deductions for 2017 

• Single - $6,350 add $1,550 if age 65 or older
  • Married Filing Separately - $6,350 add $1,250 if age 65 or older
  • Married Filing Jointly - $12,700 add $1,250 for each spouse age 65 or older
  • Head of Household - $9,350 add $1,550 if age 65 or older

comment deleted

Uhhh...No, it is for a 2017 tax return.  See - <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf">https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf</a>

You are correct. I have deleted my comment.
Hal_Al

It's on line 40 of form 1040 (or line 24  0f 1040A).
Instead of a $6350 standard deduction, you get $7900; a $1550 adjustment.
The numbers will be different if your filing status is Married Filing Jointly