Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where in the Federal Return itself is Substitute Form 1099-S info shown when there is no taxable income from sale of 2nd personal use home I never lived in?

then tried to go back to assure the facts were still in TuI followed the instructions in FAQ to report the sale of an inherited second home which my son lived in rent free, TurboTax showed that the home sale resulted in "zero loss."  The Title Co gave me a substitute 1099-S. Where does this appear in the actual Federal Tax Return to prove there was no taxable gain?  I could not locate the info using Tools in viewing the return. So then I tried to go back into Turbo Tax to view my entries, but since it is not listed in the summary, going into the search "sale of second home" caused me to enter the sale twice as it did not show the original entry until I had added it again. The explanations of what to expect regarding this is not clear with Turbo Tax Premier. Do I need an upgraded version of Turbo Tax? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

Where in the Federal Return itself is Substitute Form 1099-S info shown when there is no taxable income from sale of 2nd personal use home I never lived in?

The transaction and resulting gain or loss is reported on Schedule D. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

The transaction and resulting gain or loss is reported on Schedule D. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies