Solved: Where do i report taxes and penalties from a non qualified early Roth distribution I took in 2018? These amounts are not showing in my 1099 R. I want to go ahead and pay.

Where do i report taxes and penalties from a non qualified early Roth distribution I took in 2018? These amounts are not showing in my 1099 R. I want to go ahead and pay.

The program computes the tax and penalty once you enter the amounts in Box 1 and 2 and then the code from Box 7.

If this withdrawal was just from your contributions, there will be no tax or penalty assessed on your withdrawal. Any contributions withdrawn from a Roth are always tax/penalty free.

If you do have a "growth" portion to pay tax and penalty on, it will be added into your tax return and will either increase your overall liability or lessen your refund.